Why not run:
- The bed is warm
- My knees won’t hurt
- I feel tired
- What good does it do? I’ll always be chubby
- More TV time
- I stay in my comfort zone
- 99.99% of the time, it makes me feel stronger
- 99.99% it makes me stronger, physically & mentally
- My knees will become stronger as I mix up my exercises
- My mind gets a workout
- I’m no longer in my comfort zone
What shuts up my resistance and gets me out of bed – Running in the Rain
“There’s an undervalue benefit that comes from putting yourself in an uncomfortable situation. From forcing yourself to be just a little bit irrational… so it’s cold, great, you’ll wear two sweatshirts – you’ll figure out how to get it done…”
A truth that has been getting me out of bed – I don’t have to want to run to do it. I rarely ever want to run, but I know that it makes me feel better. That knowledge gets me to put on my running shoes. Determination and discipline gets me to step out of the door.
I don’t know what I want in life, but I know I want to always treat myself in a way that makes me feel good. Not just short-term “mm this burger is delicious” good, but the long-term feeling of confidence and strength. Running, so far, has not let me down.