I am choosing not to respond because:
- He’s not interested in what I want as he stated clear as day
- I can’t just be friends with him
- He didn’t respond for such a long time, I’ve already started the moving on process
- I don’t want to wait on his response
- There’s nothing more I could say to move the conversation forward
- He offered to meet in person, but it was more so to do me a favor. What more do I need to hear other than ‘I don’t see myself in a committed relationship”
- which translates to “the sex is great, you’re amazing, but not quite enough for me to pursue”
In the back of my mind, I want my silence to make him want me…but in the front of my mind, I know I may never see him again. Largely I’m doing this to protect myself. His silence hurt me so much so that I’m ready to move on and heal as that’s the only route that is certain.
In 2 months, I’ll be free of his memories hijacking every second of my day. At that point, I’ll allow a few times a day only…then eventually he’ll only steal my thoughts once a day…
…..then before I know it, a day will come when he doesn’t cross my mind at all.